MOUNTAIN BIKING AT CHALET HÔTEL LES MÉLÈZES
Take advantage of the free, lift accessed bike parks in Tignes and Val D’Isère as well as the countless other trails around the valley either as a part of a multi-activity holiday or a dedicated MTB trip.
Accommodation for as long as you want, when you want.
Full board, half board or B&B at superb value.
Les Mélèzes is situated in Tignes Les Boisses at the bottom of the Wonderboisses walk and bike trail. The hotel is just ten minutes by car or free shuttle bus from Tignes Le Lac.
- Top of the range bikes for hire through our partner Startline
- Fully qualified English-speaking guides with local rider knowledge available to book
- Workshop facilities and secure bike storage
- Bike wash area
- Knowledgeable in-house bike mechanics
- Chalet located within the Tignes bike park with easy access to Val D’Isère bike park
- Close proximity to world class trails for the fully guided experience
- Clothing & safety equipment for hire
- FREE bike park passes
- Bike trailer and FREE shuttle bus
£305 for seven nights full board
£340 for four nights full board with guiding
- Includes three days of guided riding in Val D’Isère, Tignes and La Rosière.
£595 for seven nights full board with guiding
- Includes five days of guided riding in Val D’Isère, Tignes, La Thuile, Les Arcs and La Rosière.
Prices exclude bike hire.
MEET OUR INSTRUCTOR & GUIDE – RAB BICKERDIKE
Rab is currently the only British mountain bike guide and instructor based in Tignes. He has strong ties with Mountainsun France and spends a lot of time hanging out at the Mélèzes. In the winters, Rab works for TDC Tignes as a ski and snowboard guide and counts many of our clients as his own. Fully French certified with a huge amount of experience in both coaching and riding, Rab has spent most of his life on bikes mainly in Scotland, France and Italy where he worked with the Italian DH champ Lorenzo Suding. He is able to offer instructing from beginner level upwards plus guiding with local knowledge of trails in the surrounding area.
Chalet Hôtel Les Mélèzes can accommodate up to 60 guests in 20 rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities. Room choices: twin, double, triple, quad and a family apartment sleeping up to six.
ROOM DESCRIPTIONS AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Small, refurbished en-suite room with double bed and single bunk above (sleeps 2) : No Supplement
- Standard en-suite double or twin room (sleeps 2) : No Supplement
- Balcony twin or double room (sleeps 2 – 4) : Supplement £12 per room per night
- Large, newly refurbished room (sleeps 2 – 4) : Supplement of £20 per room per night
- Lower ground family suite (sleeps 4 – 6) : Standard rate based on 5 sharing
We have now completed five fully ensuite rooms to an extremely high standard. Our refurbishments will continue room by room.
Seven night stays : Third and fourth beds in multi occupancy rooms are charged at 50%.
Short breaks : There is a reduction of £10 per person per night when four share a quad room.
We do not have any single rooms, single occupancy of a twin or double room is subject to availability and a supplement will apply. Please discuss with our reservations office.
We offer a different breakfast option each day, plus there is a well-stocked buffet with French pastries, fresh baguettes, cold meat and cheese, yoghurts, cereals, and fresh fruit for you to choose from. Porridge is also available on request.
Afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes every day.
Dinner is three courses every night of your stay.
Breakfast and dinner as above.
Packed lunch is available to buy.
Breakfast as above.
Free tea and coffee is available for all guests.
We’re happy to provide special dishes for vegetarians, and if arranged at least a week in advance we can also cater for special diets (charges may apply to some diets where special ingredients need to be ordered and purchased).
Prices & availability
PRICES FOR SUMMER 2019 COMING SOON
Our prices have been calculated using a current rate of €1.15 to £1. Ten weeks prior to travel, if the value of the Euro is lower we will apply a currency surcharge to your invoice total.
See T&C’s for full details.
Getting to Les Mélèzes is easy! The hotel is half an hour from Bourg St Maurice (Eurostar train terminal) three hours drive from Geneva.
We provide a low cost transfer service to/from Geneva with set timings to serve several flights. The cost is £45 per person each way (or £80 return).Learn More