SKI & SNOWBOARD CAMP
Chalet hÔtel Les Mélèzes, tignes
Our ski & board camp grows in popularity each year.
The 2018 offer runs from 12th October to 18th December and with prices from £135 it’s not hard to see why it sells out most years.
- Geneva transfers (evenings at set times)
- Lift Pass
- 3 nights accommodation
- Hot supper on arrival (subject to arrival time)
- Breakfast (with hot option) and afternoon tea daily
- Three course dinner
- Shuttles to the glacier (until the full area opens end November)
- FREE equipment rental from our BRONZE range
Chalet Hôtel Les Mélèzes is located in the hamlet of Tignes Les Boisses, just above the impressive Lac du Chevril Dam, with panoramic views across the Isère Valley and Mont Blanc.
Our free minibus shuttles to the funicular at Val Claret for access to the Grande Motte glacier runs at set times until the free public bus starts in December.
- Heated ski, board and boot store
- Cosy bar with log fire leading onto large sun terrace
- Free Wifi in communal areas
- Guest lounge with satellite TV, pool table and games console
- Hot tub and sauna with views of Mont Blanc
- Free parking
£135 for three nights catered
Longer stays possible subject to availability
Chalet Hôtel Les Mélèzes can accommodate up to 60 guests in 20 rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities. Room choices: twin, double, triple, quad and a family apartment sleeping up to six.
ROOM DESCRIPTIONS AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Small, refurbished en-suite room with double bed and single bunk above (sleeps 2) : No Supplement
- Standard en-suite double or twin room (sleeps 2) : No Supplement
- Balcony twin or double room (sleeps 2 – 4) : Supplement £12 per room per night
- Large, newly refurbished room (sleeps 2 – 4) : Supplement of £20 per room per night
- Lower ground family suite (sleeps 4 – 6) : Standard rate based on 5 sharing
We have now completed five fully ensuite rooms to an extremely high standard. Our refurbishments will continue room by room.
Seven-night Stays : 3rd and 4th beds in multi occupancy rooms are charged at 60%.
Short Breaks : No room supplements will be added when more than two share a room.
We do not have any single rooms, single occupancy of a twin or double room is subject to availability and a supplement will apply. Please discuss with our reservations office.
Breakfast is a continental buffet and hot option.
Afternoon tea with home-baked cakes or cookies daily.
A three-course dinner is provided six nights of the week. When arriving after 8 pm, a late supper is served on the first night.
We’re happy to provide special dishes for vegetarians, and if arranged at least a week in advance we can also cater for special diets (charges may apply to some diets where special ingredients need to be ordered and purchased).
Prices & availability
During Ski and Board Camp there are four price bands (weekend supplements apply):
|Arrivals Between||Three Night Price|
|12th Oct – 18th Oct||£135|
|19th Oct – 14th Nov||£169|
|15th Nov– 22nd Nov||£199|
|23rd Nov – 14th Dec||£289|
- WEEKENDS : Friday & Saturday nights – £35 per person per night up to 22nd November / £40 from 23rd November
- Balcony Room : £12 per room per night
- Large refurbished room : £20 per room per night
Our prices have been calculated using a current rate of €1.15 to £1. Ten weeks prior to travel, if the value of the Euro is lower we will apply a currency surcharge to your invoice total.
See T&C’s for full details.
The ski and board camp in Tignes is now in its 13th year of operation and grows in popularity each year. This very special offer is available from the extraordinary price of £135 in mid October to £289 once the full Tignes and Val D’Isere ski area opens.
FREE EQUIPMENT RENTAL
The Ski and Board Camp 2018 is no longer an equipment ‘test’ offer, however you will have access to our BRONZE range rental stock free of charge so no need to pay costly airline charges to bring your own kit on your short break. Our silver and gold rental stock will be available for rental if you wish to upgrade.
NUMBER OF DAYS
|SKI OR BOARD BOOTS||
|SEVENTH DAY FREE|
Skis and snowboards for beginners to experts available for FREE during our Autumn camp.
Quality ski range suitable from beginners to experts.
High performance best quality ski range suitable for intermediates to experts.
For children up to 6 years old. Includes skis, boots and a helmet.
JUNIOR PLUS PACKAGE*
For older children 7 to 13 years. Includes skis, boots and a helmet.
*Age, weight, height and range restrictions apply.
Our experienced ski and snowboard technicians are on-hand to answer any questions you may have and to ensure you get the best out of your hire equipment. If you have brought your own kit – we offer in-house servicing: anything from a storage wax to a full service to one off repairs.
- Machine Wax / Off Season Storage Wax €5
- Hot Wax by Hand €10
- Hot Wax and Edge €16
- Full Standard Service €45
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Wine with dinner – available at the bar
- Use of Bath Robes: €3 per robe
- Silver and Gold category skis and snowboards – available for rental
- Optional Transfer Indemnity – click here for more info
During the Ski and Board Camp we run a FREE mini bus service to/from Geneva airport.
OUR INCLUSIVE GENEVA TRANSFERS
- We will run two dedicated mini buses per day between Geneva airport and Chalet Hotel Les Melezes, Tignes Les Boisses.
- Each bus can carry up to 8 passengers
- Journey time is usually 2 ½ – 3 hours.
- Transfers run at set times:
Incoming – leaving Geneva in the evening between 19:00 – 19:30 (Suitable for flights THAT LAND BY 19:00). Pick up from later flights by pre arrangement only and may be subject to extra charges. DO NOT book late flights without checking first.
Return – leaving resort around 16:00 suitable for flights THAT TAKE OFF FROM 20:30 or the following morning.
- Our transfers are shared transfers and not tailor made to suit individual flights. On occasion it may be necessary to wait for later flights or stop en route to pick up or drop off. We will endeavour to keep waiting times for our guests to an absolute minimum but we would recommend only using our transfers if you are completely relaxed about waiting. From time to time we may arrange transfers through other companies.
- Always check transfer timings before booking flights.
- You will not be permitted to travel on our transport if you use abusive or inappropriate behaviour towards our staff or are considered to be inebriated.