AUTUMN Mountain biking
Chalet hÔtel Les MÉlÈZES, tignes
Autumn is the most under-rated riding season in the Alps; it’s still warm, the trails are quieter and the riding is awesome.
Your mountain bike holiday can be as structured or flexible as you want. Book through us gives you the freedom to choose and make your experience unique: We offer the following options:
- Book accommodation only using us as a base to explore the surrounding area with your own transport and bike. Select from B&B, half board or full board.
- Prefer not to drive yourself? Add low cost airport transfers and uplifts with us and sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Need a guide or instructor? Make the most of the backcountry and hidden gems of the Tarentaise valley and book our in-house guide Rab Bickerdike. Available for the duration of your trip or full or half days.
- Need a top quality bike? Hire through Startline and minimise your luggage and air carriage costs.
- Top of the range Commencal or Nukeproof rental bikes*
- Fully qualified English-speaking guides with local rider knowledge.
- Workshop facilities and secure bike storage.
- Clothing & safety equipment for hire.
- Great bar facilities.
- Free Wifi in communal areas
- Guest lounge with satellite TV, pool table and games console
- Hot tub and sauna with views of Mont Blanc
- Free parking
*Subject to availability through our partners.
£55 per room per night B&B
£40 per person per night/£269 per 7 nights half board
£45 per person per night/£325 per 7 nights full board
MEET OUR INSTRUCTOR & GUIDE – RAB BICKERDIKE
Rab is currently the only British mountain bike guide and instructor based in Tignes. He has strong ties with Mountainsun and spends a lot of time hanging out at the Melezes. In the winters, Rab works for TDC Tignes as a ski and snowboard guide and counts many of our clients as his own. Fully French certified with a huge amount of experience in both coaching and riding, Rab has spent most of his life on bikes mainly in Scotland, France and Italy where he worked with the Italian DH champ Lorenzo Suding. He is able to offer instructing from beginner level upwards plus guiding with local knowledge of trails in the surrounding area.
Chalet Hôtel Les Mélèzes can accommodate up to 60 guests in 20 rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities. Room choices: twin, double, triple, quad and a family apartment sleeping up to six.
ROOM DESCRIPTIONS AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Small, refurbished en-suite room with double bed and single bunk above (sleeps 2) : No Supplement
- Standard en-suite double or twin room (sleeps 2) : No Supplement
- Balcony twin or double room (sleeps 2 – 4) : Supplement £12 per room per night
- Large, newly refurbished room (sleeps 2 – 4) : Supplement of £20 per room per night
- Lower ground family suite (sleeps 4 – 6) : Standard rate based on 5 sharing
We have now completed five fully ensuite rooms to an extremely high standard. Our refurbishments will continue room by room.
Seven-night stays : Third and fourth beds in multi occupancy rooms are charged at 60%.
Short Breaks : No room supplements will be added when more than two share a room.
We do not have any single rooms, single occupancy of a twin or double room is subject to availability and a supplement will apply. Please discuss with our reservations office.
Breakfast is a continental buffet and hot option.
Afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes every day.
Dinner is three courses every night of your stay.
Breakfast and dinner as above.
Packed lunch is available to buy.
Breakfast as above.
Free tea and coffee is available for all guests.
We’re happy to provide special dishes for vegetarians, and if arranged at least a week in advance we can also cater for special diets (charges may apply to some diets where special ingredients need to be ordered and purchased).
Prices & availability
|B&B||£55 room per night|
|Half Board||£40 person per night
£269 per person 7 nights
|Full Board||£45 per person per night
£325 per person 7 nights
|Guide (max 6 per goup)||£100 per half day
£190 per full day
Our prices have been calculated using a current rate of €1.15 to £1. Ten weeks prior to travel, if the value of the Euro is lower we will apply a currency surcharge to your invoice total.
See T&C’s for full details.
Getting to Les Mélèzes is easy! The hotel is half an hour from Bourg St Maurice (Eurostar train terminal)three hours drive from Geneva.
We provide a low cost transfer service to/from Geneva with set timings to serve several flights. The cost is £45 per person each way (or £80 return).Learn More